01 November 2010

Japan

In August I headed to Japan to help out the legal office at Misawa Air Base in Misawa Japan. The 3 weeks went by a lot faster than I thought and I had a great time. There was no A/C in my room which made it slightly uncomfortable (unbearable) but it was worth it. Being able to get some additional experience with a new office and visit such a beautiful country was something I won't forget. Being away from the girls and Joel was hard, but I talked to them often and we were all so busy that the time went by quickly.


 One of the many festivals going on while I was there. They had giant floats that were pushed by young boys. It was so hot I felt so bad for them! At the end of the night they would set the floats out on the ocean for good luck.
This is the shrine we visited where we had to cleanse ourselves before entering. We even got to ring the bells and pray. Our trips were fast and sometimes we didn't get to see everything - but we saw enough to know that our cultures are so different. I enjoyed every moment! My only regret was that I didn't get to go to Tokyo. Perhaps I'll get back someday!


No comments:

Post a Comment